Inverters of the I-PTP series are intended to transmit excess recuperation energy from the DC contact network to the AC power supply network on traction substations of the mainline railways as well as to ensure safety on slopes.
The following functions are implemented in the inverter:
• automatic detection and activation of the regenerative mode;
• possibility of correcting the operating characteristic of the inverter;
• automatic correction of the boundary angles of thyristor control of the inverter, depending on the inverting current;
• control of breakdown of thyristors in the inverter arm;
• signaling for the disconnection of the DC circuit-breaker in case of inverter faults;
• cooling of the inverter thyristors is performed with the use of coolers on “heat pipes” with forced cooling by fans with a smooth change in the speed of rotation of the blades, depending on the operating mode and temperature in the power cabinet.